WORKING AT KIDAPU SACCO
We seek to recruit a Credit Analyst who will be responsible for all matters relating to loan appraisal, credit administration, loan repayments and recoveries; Implementation of sound policies, strategies and systems that will ensure effective and efficient execution of the lending and repayment of loans in the Sacco.
- Facilitate in the formulation and implementation of a sound SACCO credit policy
- Processing of all loan applications from members throughout the entire credit cycle of application, appraisal/evaluation and disbursement.
- Maintenance of up-to-date and accurate loans data
- Ensuring prompt loan recovery information (advices) to employers and members
- Production of management reports in respect of loan requests and processes
- Evaluating the loan process for success and effectiveness
- Reconciliation of remittances from employers
- Sending advise on deductions to employers
- Preparing, analyzing and submitting regular reports in relation to loan applications, disbursements, repayments, overdue loans, recovery plans and risk exposures.
- Advising the management and board on the society’s loan matters
- Handling member enquiries, communication and advise on all credit related matters
- Develops and implements remedial collection strategies and policies
- Responsible for coordination of legal action to recover debts if necessary and dealing with cases of insolvency
- Undertake risk management through monitoring and administration of credit performance through reports and returns to the CEO & Board
- Develop and implement effective credit administration in monitoring, collection and recovery strategies.
- Develops and maintains database of delinquent loans portfolio
- Implements remedial collection strategies and policies
- Prepares demand letters and notifications to defaulted members and their guarantors where necessary to regularize bad loan positions
- Determine reasons for delinquency and create effective action plans for each delinquent account
- Prepares and submits remedial collection report
- Negotiate and document agreed payment plans with defaulted members
- To prepare defaulters’ listings for approval by the board to onward submission to Credit Reference Bureaus; and
- Liaison and managing relations with relevant officers within employers to ensure efficient remedial action
- Handling the archiving duties in the Sacco and manning the archiving room
- Performance of any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the CEO
Requirements for the position.
- CPA part II or a diploma in accounting, finance, banking or a similar field
- A bachelor in accounting, finance, banking or a similar field will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a credit environment
We seek to recruit an Internal Auditor who will be responsible for facilitating the achievement of the Audit Function in the Sacco, which should be consistent with the SACCO’S objectives, strategy and business goals, as well as regulatory requirements.
- Assist in developing internal audit strategies, policies and manuals detailing the audit procedures and practice
- Assist in developing, implementing, and reviewing the internal audit charter.
- Assist in developing internal audit work plan and budget for each financial year.
- Conduct comprehensive audit checks to ensure effective internal controls within the Sacco
- Participate in the preparation of the periodic audit reports for presentation to the senior management and the Supervisory Committee of the Board.
- Check the accuracy and reliability of accounting records by analyzing systems and internal controls
- Monitoring of the loan aging report and loan stoppages
- Regularly review and report on completeness and accuracy of the Sacco data
- Follow up on implementation of previous audit recommendations
- Carry out ad hoc audits and special assignments as necessary.
- Review and maintain an updated Risk Policy and Framework for the Sacco.
- Develop and operationalize operational risk policies, standards, and procedures for risk management.
- Maintain a Sacco–wide and departmental risk register in liaison with the risk champions.
- Assist in the execution of the Sacco compliance, fraud, and risk assessments by identifying the key risks and assessing mitigating controls to determine the risk profile for the Sacco.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of key risk indicators (KRIs) that are mapped to various risks to determine elevations in risk and proactively implement risk mitigation measures.
- Identify emerging risks that present new regulatory, fraud, or money laundering risks. This includes risks associated with new products and services, customer types, geographies, and channels.
- Ensure that relevant Sacco policies are developed and effectively embedded within Sacco business departments and branches
- Perform regular compliance audits (Internal and External) and ensure adherence to all internal operations and evaluate all procedures to maintain accuracy with all internal standards.
- Provide guidance on emerging operational, legal and regulatory compliance matters.
- Communicating and enforcing the AML/CFT compliance culture as per KYC/AML/ CFT policies.
- Review the SACCO’s operations to ensure they meet all regulatory requirements set under the SASRA guidelines.
- Conduct risk assessment for proposed and existing products.
- Developing training programs and conducting training on developments in the legal and regulatory frameworks to enhance compliance Sacco-wide.
- Perform any other duty assigned from time to time by the management.
- Ensure the SACCO works within the allocated budget approved by the members.
Requirements for the position.
- University degree in commerce, accounting, finance, business administration or a related field
- CPA (K) or acceptable equivalent
- Computer literate with hands-on experience with Ms. office
- Must demonstrate ability to develop audit program for the junior audit team he or she supervises
- At least 3 years’ experience
- Experience in the audit Internal Audit Function or in an audit firm at a supervisory level will be an added advantage
- The candidate should be either an associate or full member of ICPAK
To Apply: Please submit your application to our Kiambu office by Friday the 1st of September 2023. Please include your cover letter, curriculum vitae, copy of ID and other testimonials. Applications will be treated confidentially. Note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.